I know I should probably be sleeping right now, but my mind seems to be racing. As all writers typically do, this is my way of procrastinating/avoiding actually typing my screenplay. I know. I know. I’m bad, but this just seems soooooooooo much more interesting (or important) right now. Just kidding. But not really.
So here’s a list of the things writers to do procrastinate or avoid writing altogether:
- Eat, cook and/or put snacks in a plate in “preparation” of an epic writing session.
- Drink (or smoke) past the point of “finding inspiration” to the moment where writing is impossible.
- Clean. Because of all the times the bathroom could’ve been cleaned, a true writer will do it before they sit down to write. Must. Clean. All. Things.
- Meticulously organize their desk, rearrange furniture and feng-shui the entire apartment.
- Read TMZ, check Twitter, open Facebook on another tab, peruse the headlines at CNN, text a friend about something unrelated and then check/reply to some emails.
- Youtube a particular song for “inspiration” and then end up on some random cat or baby video.
- Listen to a popular song, dance around Lena Dunham style and then put some clothes on. Because who actually writes naked?
- Take a nap. Because 1 thru 7 kinda wore me out already…
- Make a writing schedule/calendar. Color code it and then hang it. Then change it, redo it and hang it back.
- Binge watch a show on Netflix. Not just a show, an entire season!
- Make lists like this one. See what I did there?
I hope this list has inspired someone to write, because it’s pretty much just made me really sleepy. JAJA! Have a wonderful night.