So, tomorrow morning (or should I say later today) I will be giving a short panel discussion about how I’ve used social media to “brand” myself and “advance” my film projects while in school. I’m nervous. Incredibly. I hate public speaking. I tend to over rehearse and then completely forget what I rehearsed when I’m speaking.
Here’s my game plan:
- I’m wearing flats! I tend to self-destruct when I get in anything not level with the ground.
- I am using PowerPoint, but am having second thoughts. A wise man once said, “It’s my own fault for using PowerPoint. PowerPoint is boring.” Ten points if you can guess who said it!
- I am going to jump off stage like those cool kids at rock concerts. Crowd surfing? I’m fat, so it’s more like crowd sinking. Nevermind then. Fail.
- I will picture everyone naked. I’ve heard it works but have never actually tried it. Who knows, maybe someone will get asked out tomorrow? That’s right boys, I do the asking!
- There’s a Q & A session at the end. Save the questions for Google people! Ain’t nobody got time for that! (Just kidding.)
Have a good night. I hope I made you smile.